Well it’s actually one of my bad habits that I tend to forget Birthdays. Many of my friends swear at me for this because I’m the most excited when I think of their birthdays and totally forget to wish them when I’m intended to!
I was playing chess online today and when I play chess I get so hooked up that everything around me becomes indistinct. Immu (my cousin) had told me HI thrice and I kept saying Hi each time he did. It dismissed from my mind that it was his birthday. Ah, great yesterday I planned to buy him a basket ball and today I don’t know how it slipped my mind, damn! He stood behind me watching the game; I turned around to look at him. He was all bright, wearing new clothes and also wore a wide smile on his face. “What’s wrong?” I asked shrugging. He was still smiling. I asked him again and he said HI. (Immu and Adorina his sister stay at my place every day after school, because their parents work so hard that these two lil monkeys ain’t responsible enough. And in the evening they go back home with their mom, my darling aunt) I looked around and Immu still was standing behind, I said – “Okay now stop saying Hi or I’m gonna throw this at you, holding my phone charger.” Adorina a.k.a Ado (trying to be his older sister), started to yell at him asking him to change his clothes because the shirt he wore was supposed to be worn while cutting the cake, Oh! OHHHH, it’s your birthday you fatso why didn’t you remind me, I hugged him and punched him in his tummy (not too hard) wishing the very best birthday.
I like birthdays because I get to eat lots of cake. I’m cake obsessed! Well, I was all happy and pampered Immu for a while because he’s my darling. I’ve known him since his day one on this earth. I don’t pretty well get along with kids, though I love them unconditionally. I used to play with Immu till he grew up because we were neighbors too, after we moved to our new house many years ago, we had no time to spend together. I’m happy for this fatso who is an inch taller to me and 12 years younger, wow! I spent my evening with him playing Mario. Remembering the days I used to fight with bro to get a chance to play Mario because we had only one computer in those days. I’m still a kid if I’m surrounded by kids; I can’t get rid of those old things about me - pillow fight, dancing on the bed, bursting balloons, running around and blah! Yes, never to forget I had lots of cake and also am afraid to catch cold because I got wet in rain today, yay!
Happy birthday boy!
26 comments:
Aww cute post. :) I absolutely love birthdays. And birthday cake is always the most delicious! I'm almost always baking bday cakes for family & friends. This one time I baked my sister a surprise mini-bday cake, which I carefully packed and brought along with me on my 4hr bus-ride between Boston & New York. Each minute I was freaking out that the icing might start melting, which it did a little, but luckily by the time I got to her apartment & surprised her, you could still read the letters. :)
Anyway, I hope he had a fantastic birthday & that you got to eat lotsa cake. Hehe.
Totally random, but we both were on each other's blogs and posted a comment at the same time! Lol, weird. :P
he he he Archana you're right I was on your blog and posted a comment as soon as I returned to mine I found your comment haha yeah randomness :P
Wow you know how to bake, I don't know how to bake :( Wow you surprised your sister on her birthday, that's incredible :) :) Chocolate cake is my all time favorite!
Thanks for the comment!
hey did i see immo at ur place that day.Or is somebody else.Well u must have had fun bingin on those yummy cakes...damn!! i am feelin hungry now!
well well well...fuggetin birthdays are pretty common,but wat xcuse one makes up after that is hilarious sometimes.
I rememebr one such...
a friend forgot my birthday, and when i actually yelled at him, he came out with an answer sayin.."oh! U turned an year older?? Man! u look younger every passin day that i thought u never celebrate ur birthday" :P:D Cheesy i knw..but it did make me lol!
Madz - Lol I don't know how others react but I never gave any excuse because everyone in my life know how crazy I am at remembering Birthdays LOL!
I just explain it to knew people in my life :)
and lol @ your friends excuse/joke!!
:D
Yes, its the same immu u've met in my place!
heyzzzzz yeah i know that you fugget burthdays.......when you did fugget mine...i was a lil sad...coz you were the only one who did not wish....but yeah...now that i know it...will nor xpect that from you!!!!!:P
Cakes are a real lotta fun.....especially black forest with xtra cocolate topping...man will add on a few calories just thinking of it!!!!
Sush - well yeah most of my friends remind me that its their Birthday :D I remember blasting the heck out of one of my old online friend (ahmed) on his birthday, forgetting that it was his birthday! I still feel like ROFL when ever that thing pops up in my mind! :) Memories see!
Lol! :)
Hmmm its great fun to remember those stuffs.....and when you get spankings....its even nicer to remember them.....it brings a smile on your face.......
:P i hope you remember your birthday!!!!
Like I said Its only a problem with remembering others birthdays :)
I remember everyone's birthday, it happens that I forget to wish them when I'm supposed to :D
Celebrations start from dec 1 at my place, my dad wishes me happy birthday the whole month, so I know when my bday is lol :D
yeah u fugget birthdays i know....people do come up with wierd[read=lame] excuses wehn they fugget one...!
one such popular xcuse is.."they say if u have to rememebr the birthday of ur loved once..just forget it once"...And that once happens always!
Hey ive met immu na..yayie! Cute chubby fellow! he sings so well..i can still remember his dance that day...:)
check out my post..u may relate to it for sure..:P:D
Now, wasn't that cute? :D
Aww, I'd like to celebrate my birthday with you girl =)
@ madize - yeah he's the one! :D he sings well, glad you remember! :D
@ Anamakia - Great Idea! =) am sure it'll be so much fun! :) When's your birthday :P
Awww what a sweet post :)
This, btw, totally reminded me of the time when i kept reminding myself about my mum's birthday the entire week, but when the day actually arrived i completely forgot! :$
@ Nahl - he he :) It happens with me too =) Am really bad at remembering birthdays =( Glad you liked the post :)
of course i remember gurl...thanks to my razor sharp memory!!!
hey thats my ssiters account...posted it thru that by mistake..:(
@ sandy - well thanks for the comment =D
and lol @ razor sharp memory teehheeee!! :D
Hey Esther,
I enjoy reading your posts, but sadly only cud comment now cos my office firewall doesnt allow commenting on blogs if they arent a pop-up. Don ask me why, beats me!
Its a shame how often I forget birthdays, events. But i always have work to blame and my younger sis to remind me, thank god!
Hey Aditi - Thanks for the comment. I understand about the office firewalls he he he :) I can't blame work because right now, lucky you.... I'm unemployed at the moment and I don't have a younger sis too as I'm the youngest hehe:)
Typo error in my comment sowwie
I can't blame work because right now I'm unemployed and I don't have a younger sis too as I'm the youngest hehe:) lucky you :)
sandy is my sister sandhya..:)
@ madzie - okay! =D
have the same syndrome too... thank god, Friendster is emailing me any updates on my friends' birthday...
John, haha yeah these days social networks remind us about our friends birthdays! LOL.
You reminded me on your birthday too!
Thanks for the comment.
hehe this is a cute one..dont forget birthdays :D
Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=1click dvd movie 3.1.0.0 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you use the dreary methods of development of the resource. I take a week and do necheg
Post a Comment