Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A girls handbag, REALLY?


I miss writing. Changes happen sometimes like a lot. I was busy in one of the happiest worlds in the recent past and even now. I wanna write it all but time sometimes time doesn’t permit and so does laziness [grins]. Well, anyway now that I’m back to the writing mode, I wanted to share this very personal experience I’ve had couple of days back when I went to this youth meet I attend every Saturday at a church. After the singing session there’s always a game that’s organized for relaxation before we proceed to hear the preacher preach to the youth. So, games are always fun ain’t they? We were all set, and were divided into four different groups. I was content with the group I was in. Later I was asked to shift to group 3 because there were just a few of them and it needed to be equaled.

I was like ‘Okay never mind game is a game even if you sit with different groups’. The group I joined had like 5 boys and just one girl excluding me. I sat with the girl and we waited for the rules of the game to be told out. The game was all about writing A-Z on a piece of paper and writing down all the things that you have that starts with a specific letter. So, if its ‘A’ then you need to have a thing that starts with that letter. Simple? [Yeah, very simple but I hardly
understood the rules and the game until it began]. At the back of my mind I was wondering ‘oh gosh how do we even find so many things? Like, 26 alphabets and 26 things you’ll need?' Anyway the highest list of things collected by the groups will be given a gift in the end. So, BIG deal [winks].

The paper was given to me, I was asked to write A-Z vertically. Remember this was a team game. I wrote it all down in an awkward handwriting. Then we started discussing about all the things we have. All I had was a wrist band. I could fill the letter B as Band. Then the girl who was with us in the group opens her handbag and starts taking out everything.

A – ATM
B – Band [that’s mine]
C – Cream
D – Deodorant


The game got a lil exciting as we knew we would get the highest number of things from the BAG.

E - Eyeliner
F - Facewash
G - Gold
H - Hair-clip


Dude! Don't underestimate a girls bag huh!

[We definitely didn't find anything with I and J as time was running out we jumped to K]

K - Kerchief
L - Lipgloss
M - Money
N - Napkin
O - Orbit
P - phone [one common thing eh?]
R - Rosery
S - Shoe
T - Thread
U - *blank*

Time was running out and we all looked at her for help. She opens her bag and shows it to me and says -

She - "What else do we need from this?".
Me - WHOA! There are so many things still? :-O *In shock*
She - Yeah *looks happy*

[we proceed with the game]

V - visiting card
W - watch
X - *blank*
Y - Year calendar
Z - Zip [Trust me she allowed a guy to break a zip of her hand bag]

Who do you think won the task?! We? No! The girl with the handbag. Amazing. *Round of applause* woohoo!

A woman's bag is the most expensive thing eh?

[If you're wondering about my handbag, don't wonder I never carried one.]

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny re...:) Nice to see u write after so long. I so LOVE hand bagz u know!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha that's a wonderful entertainment :)

And about our handbag.. LOLs.. I remember my husband scolding me evcerytime.. "God! Why there is soooooooooo much things inside your bag?!" Hehe

pratima said...

hehe... yes, a handbag is surely a girl's best friend! Glad you had so much fun over the weekend :)

roshwrites said...

:) Nice post, so many things in her bag huh? Btw I love that iPod playlist...

ani_aset said...

i always say a girl carries her whole cupboard in her bag..saw the muscles? its because of the bag ;)

Sathish Chandrasekaran (சதீஷ் சந்திரசேகரன்) said...

Not a surprise at all :)
btw ur template looks cool...


cheers !!!

Karan said...

Nice share. and very well connected .

deepa kashyap said...

nice one !!
:)
i was in just "what next item is cumin out from her bag " mood all thru the post till reached the end :P

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

lol....woman's handbag carries the world!

Killer Drama said...

hahahahah that's funny! and true about a girl's big handbag

and that's a cool group game..if I ever play it, I'll make sure I join the team of a girl with a big bag..or carry one myself and stuff the universe in it ☺

--

fiddie said...

LOL!! had a good laugh.....