Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happiness

What makes me happy?
Strum chords on my guitar on the terrace at night watching the sky with the diamond like stars glittering with the wind blowing all around is one thing out of the little list of things that make me happy, thinking about the best moments of my life, the best moments. And believe me it is something that has gotten to the core of my happiness.


I love photography. It unconditionally makes me smile when I capture something I like or something I find really really cute. I have huge collection of pictures, and most of those pictures of mine are with weird expressions. See the one on my blogger page too, agree? I always find it a good thing to capture anything I like, because someday you look at the picture and you go back to those first and most important moments and say “HEY I REMEMBER, THAT DAY WAS SUPER”. I do that truly, whenever I dig my old folders and also get a chance to laugh at the old times. Yeah, ultimately photography is something I’m always happy about.


Shopping is one more thing that can make me happy much better than anything on my list of likes. (Probably that’s one reason why I’m broke to bankruptcy at the moment). Every time I go shopping and buy stuff I like, I try them on and stand in front of the mirror with a wide smile, especially when I buy stuff on a sale, and I’m not the typical brand tag wearer. I can go cheap when it comes to buying stuff I like. Shopping can’t be done every day but it can make me happy any day!


Who makes me smile?
It’s slightly difficult to make me smile, I’m at the moment more of a serious person. So there are hardly a few who can make me smile, no matter how rude or unpleasantly coarse I am at times.

Khushboo, my BFF is one person who can always make me smile. It’s not that she cracks a joke or something, but it’s that when I’m with her I can smile and laugh, like a lot. We talk totally about not-so-important things, laugh out loud, play BINGO and TIC-TAC-TOE on our record work-books, etc. We both laugh for nothing that’s the funniest part or sometimes laugh looking at each other. She has been my friend since 7 years now. Though we are not in touch often these days because of the busy work schedule of hers, I still know she is one person I can be happy with. Trust me, even if I’m depressed for decades, she can make me happy in a jiffy.


Ashish, my nephew is another guy who can irritate me and make me smile both at the same time. He’s just 1.5 years old. He hates it if my mom pampers me because of the attention he misses. When he sees me with my mom, he doesn’t really react at first, but makes sure to throw his shoes at me at least once in the end. It kind of irritates me to the core but with he’s got a killer smile, trust me. I’m always left with zero options to be angry with him.


I can be happy anytime, anywhere, any day, when I’m with mom and bro. They play a very important role in my life. So it means I’m happy almost every day when they’re around.


Do I laugh every day?
Pretty difficult to answer, but yes when I’m with my friends, I laugh a lot. When I think of the stupid and weird days of my life, I laugh a lil. But laughing everyday is something I have lacked. It’s not possible to laugh every moment. But yes when I laugh, I laugh like a drain. It’s sometimes good when people around look at me with an expression “What happened?” on their not-so-good-looking-faces. I will be happier if there’s something that makes me laugh every day.

Love?
Love, umm, well, lol, okay. I love God more than anything or anyone. Its not just because I’m spiritually inclined, but loving God more than anyone is a naked truth. Apart from the whole of spirituality thing, I love my family, friends and enemies (Okay, enemies because I don’t have anyone at the moment. So it was really easy for me to add it in my lovely love list).

This post ain’t random; I wanted to convey about one of my favorite quotes through this post. About what makes me happy, who makes me smile, how I laugh and about whom I love.

“Do what makes you happy
Be with who makes you smile
Laugh as much as you breathe
Love as long as you live”

Think about the list of things that makes you happy! Think.

56 comments:

Meow said...

Lovely post :) Blve me... I love photography, kids, shopping, star and moon gazing...

Beautiful and soulful post Esther :)

kaka said...

well at 2 in the night when i saw a new post it definitely made me happy :)...lovely post....

Freelancer said...

well most of these things match with me except khusboo, ashish n bro :P

n wat the heck happened to the shoutbox?

Phantom said...

U got me held up 4 a while wit da cute little fishes n ur inclination towards photography...cudnt stop feedin them 4 a while. lyk da page color n layout 2.

Nyx said...

Ahh...such a random post but it makes so much sense you know! :)

Most of things match with me... I have two such friends, when am with them I laugh a lot... I forget every other sorrow! :P

Sigh! I wish I had a bro... :)
But being a single child...can do wonders some time! :)

Good post Esther! :D

paramveer said...

okies i'l also create a post like this....

coz all questions are really dificult to answer for me!!!!!

- Sugar Cube - said...

Nice post.

Sometime back ..someone asked me what makes me happy & strangely I had no answer to that.
I was trying to 'find' a 'good' answer.
I realized then..that happiness actually lies in the small & simple & wonderful things which can come in huge packages ;)

I too love to shop.Although it can be the biggest turn off just in case I do not find any damn thing :D

Friends make me happy too.Just like your BFF..some of my close friends too make me laugh for no reason at all :) We'll laugh crazily over nothing & people around us wonder if we're insane :D

Photography is fun! I'm not very much into it..but I think I've shot some b'ful moments.

Anonymous said...

happiness seems to be a very vague word... they say it's a choice but sometimes you just cant force yourself to be happy...

but don't worry, i'm not hinting a suicide here. i'm just not happy and not sad... somewhere in the middle. which makes it more confusing...

btw, i miss 20sb chat! hope to catch u there soon.

Confused Pragmatist said...

Photography is something i enjoy too but not the movie one - still photography... i dunno why but i feel still photography brings back memories more effectively than the videos... may be its just me but i love the way i feel nostalgic when i see a photo..... and for every woman shopping makes them happy , the problem is you need money for that ....anyways That was really a nice post, Esther... keep writing and keep smiling :)

Archana said...

Adorable post. :) I love the feeling of being happy, and some of the things that would make my list are definitely on yours. Photography is a lot of fun, even with my regular Sony digi-cam. Sure, it's far from professional but never ceases to disaapoint me when I take pics.

Also totally random, but I love feeding the fish on your blog, lol. Silly I know but for some reason it cracks me up. :P

Esther said...

Sowmi, Hi how are you? That's so lovely that someone has similar "Likes" as mine. I love kids too, but pretty well don't get along with them. They don't come to me =( If they do, either they pee on me or fall asleep. Teehee. Weird right. But the fact. Keep reading Sowmi.

Kaka, Hey kaka thanks for the comment. And I'm glad this post made you happy at 2 am :P

FL, oye kaisa hai tu? :P Umm, well yeah I'm sure you have close friends who make you smile. :P Who makes you smile the most? :P And about the chat box, there has been some weird problem with it. As soon as I opened my blog yesterday, it showed me a message with BLOCK letters that the account has been suspended. Which made me go GAA for a while, and abruptly removed that thing from here. Probably I should try some other chat applet! Will get one soon, No worries about it!! =P Keep visiting.

Esther said...

Sujay, Thanks for visiting wearing an invisible crown. Yeah the fish thing is really attractive eh, Thank you so much. keep visiting. Looking forward to read your blog!

Aarthi, hehe that's so cute to know about who makes you smile. And sometimes its also not really good to have an older brother. Especially when it comes to the secrecy of maintaining a "Boy Friend". I have had bad experience when my bro had got pissed off with my guy at some point of time. Lol. Lucky you. I always wonder why I wasn't the only child in my family to get the whole attention. But yeah being the youngest is also freaking nice! :) :) Keep visiting.

Param, That's a super idea, do post things about what you like, who makes you smile etc. I would be glad to be inspiring you with this post. Thank you.

Esther said...

SugarCube, Hey there. Yeah happiness lies in the littlest things and when we discover what really makes us happy can just drop us in Happiness always. I completely agree with you. :) Hahaha yeah its so damn pissing when we don't find anything nice while shopping. Well, I like T's with anything written or scribbled on it to the extreme, I love caps and glares. Trust me I've got a huge collection. Never to forget footwear. Hehe! :) Keep reading.

John, Yeah we can't force ourselves to stay happy, but we can surely try. I TRY! We miss you on 20sb trust me. Especially kelvin. I guess he keeps leaving you a message on twitter. Hope to see you soon John. And keep smiling.

Nisha, This is your first visit here and I'm happy to see you here. Welcome to Wearing an invisible crown. He he he I am with you on this, we need money to shop. Refer to my previous posts, I was missing work and stuff. Its just that I'm bankrupt at the moment hehe! :D And I miss shopping at the moment. :D Its not that I'm not wasting dad's money =P but that freedom of shopping with your money thing is lacking though! :( boo hoo! :( And yeah I love photos more than videos :P Looking forward to read you blog :) Keep visiting Nisha.

Archana, I truly agree I'm not a real good photographer but whatever I click, I just love it. And I'm glad this post has related to your feelings =) It makes me feel so nice. He He He thank you so much about the fish thing. Its the same with me archana believe me, when I open my blog, the first thing is to pamper them and feed them. I sometimes tend to talk to them through the monitor and my bro looks at me with wonder, WT(Bleep) are you doing? Voice chat? And am like "NEH" :P

he he!! keep reading. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Anonymous said...

So,

Do you have a place where you put up your photography? would be nice to see your collected works.

Freelancer said...

gawd knows tere saath hi kyu hota hai!!! head over to my blog and grab it...mera wala atlst kaam toh karta hai! :P

btw..tumne sabka naam liya in ur happiness list, boifrnd ka nahi lia!? :P

Vijayshryaln said...

I just love lovvvee dis post... its almost like hopw i feel n how i would it express 2 others.... happy 2 read it yaar!!

johnonline said...

@esther i bet he does. he wanted to give me hugs the moment i went online. lol

Esther said...

The Misplaced poet, I don't have a separate blog for my photography, but I certainly will post my pictures here. Keep visiting.

FL, muje ni pata tha ki it would get suspended in a week lol. Yeah grabbing yo widget now :P Boyfriend ka naam nai liya because I already have my first post about him on this blog. He doesn't stand in the queue of my list :P *winks*

Vijayshryaln, That's awesome to see you here. It feels great when my feelings get connected to someone else's! :) Keep reading =P

John, eh really? Hugs? I knew it. Because the other day he did tell me that he was waiting for you =P I wasn't online on 20sb yesterday! =(

The Solitary Writer said...

umm
its a nice post and feels good reading things that makes u smile,laugh and happy.... i love photography too


happy friendship day :)

TC,
TSW

Esther said...

TSW, welcome here, this is your first visit here :P Good to see your comment. Happy Friendship day to you too =)

Keep visiting!

Vijayshryaln said...

yup! i must say life is really beautiful, 2 c an exact kind of moi... n btw, gud pics n i love dis FISH FEEDING in ur blog.....

Esther said...

Vj, Yeah the fish feeding thing is getting reealy popular these days. Most of them liked it. And I love it too =P Its fun especially to feed them, they seem pretty energetic!! :P

You're back to the blog world eh? You were on a break I guess? =) Seems to me like you play the guitar too.

Keep visiting.

Ganesh_Dalal said...

wow.. amazing blog site and gr8 posts..

ARUNA said...

that's a lovely post and u have an amazing blog!

Esther said...

Ganesh, Thanks for the visit. Keep reading. Looking forward to read yours.

Aruna, nice display picture you have! =P Thanks for the visit and the comment equally. Keep visiting!

Hemish said...

this post made me happy coz i thought of all da things dat make happy.. nice one :)

Lucifer said...

i like ur nephew...alrdy growin up to b a smart kid :)

n shoppin well i think it comes naturally wid a girl...n nothin v guys can do can make yall budge from it...excpet mayb give u our credit cards...thats true love :P

n guitar n photography...wow u r one talented kid

Lucifer said...

oh btw love feedin d fishes on ur page...its so cute :)

Arv said...

Hi Esther,

Thats a post from the heart...

nice to meet you here...

will be in touch...

take care and have a nice day...

cheers...

Nefariousoutlook said...

nice post...that final quote was nicee....been through other posts as well..nice one..keep posting !!

Akshat said...

Hey....cool blog.....I love irritating your fishes!! :P

Does anybody laugh EVERY day?? Hard to imagine!!

The post was good......photography sounds cool....maybe I should try it out!!

P.S.Thanks for visiting....and the template is not my creation...I just edited it...I love the HEADER!! :D

Esther said...

hemish, I'm glad that you've thought about the list of things that make you happy. I feel great. Keep reading and keep smiling always!

Mayz, he he yeah that picture of my nephew is tiny here. I should post someday about all his so-called-NAUTANKI! =P Yeah and its sometimes difficult for a guy to come shopping with us too. If I ask my bro to come with me, he makes multiple excuses at a time lol. I've been playing guitar since 7th standard. I can't live without my guitar! Music is my first boy friend!! =) Whoppee these lil fishes are getting so many compliments!! =P Thank you so so much!!

PS: I love your blog! =)

Arv, Yeah I could feel your post. It was touching! =) Thanks for the comment and the visit. Keep reading =)

Nefarious Thanks a bunch for the visit and also for the comment. Looking forward to read your blog! =)

Thank you all! =)

Esther said...

Akshat, Aw, don't irritate them too much, they're the hungry jacks feed them.. =P Yeah you should try out photography too =)
Thanks for the visit and the comment!!

ani_aset said...

hey first time on your blog.
You have a lovely blog..and i was busy feeding the fishes :D

Lucifer said...

back to feed d fishes...damn hungry beasts!!! hehehe

n thnku...really like ur blog too :)

Esther said...

Ani_aset Hi, thanks for the visit and also for the comment. Ha ha and thank you for feeding the fishes!! Glad you liked them! =D

Mayz He he he he they're gonna be upset with you if you don't feed em everyday! =P =P hehehe!! =P

Adisha said...

Really good to know some about u...My first visit and truly enjoyed the read !:D I did a similar post last month about my happy moments but I guess what makes me happy is a post that comes next :)

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope to see more of you there :D

Dhanya said...

What an adorable post! =) Nephews and nieces rock! I have a cute lil niece of my own and trust me even if the rest of the world can't make me smile, she certainly will be able to!

Toon Indian said...

came here blog hopping..lovely post and really nice blog..keep it up!!

Esther said...

Adisha Hey, thanks for visiting my blog too and glad you liked the post! =) And sure, the upcoming post is always exciting. Especially when there is a huge response from blogger friends. =)

Keep visiting!

Dhanya, Aww that's so sweet, I have a niece too, but for some reason she doesn't come to me. I guess she hates me :| boo hoo! This guy ashish hates me too but yet both make me smile =P I can't get along well with kids, but I love them and smile when they're around he he !! =P

Keep visiting!

Rahul, Thanks for hopping! =P Looking forward to read yours. Keep hopping! =P

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

hey nice post ya!! Well i know all thos epeople who makes u happy..khushboo,ashish and ur bro..they must be feelin special when they read this!! lots of things makes me happy..the easiest being singing and listening to some great music....watching nature!

Esther said...

Madzie hey there, yeah you know me better =P and you know all of them too. You like ashish too, I have a picture of you and him too, rem the day you came to my place? :P

I know you're getting married to music soon :P hehe lol!!

Keep visiting!!

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

shopping is my lifeline

i love to pose for the camera...i am a bad potographer myself

pics u clicked are great!

Esther said...

Aparna, Thanks for visiting, he he he okay so am sure you've lots of pictures of you!! :P

Keep visiting. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Being able to be happy just playing your guitar is he luckiest because all you need is your guitar and a night sky :) Shopping and all can be expensive pleasures :)

Did you take the three pictures here??! You are awesome, if you did!

Ashish Gourav said...

Very sweet blog design

LIFE: A Collection Of Beautiful Memories! said...

i just loved reading ur blog....it has everything in it... and there are things we tend to overlook in order to catch up things in life...but when sitting and penning down things brings immense happiness...

and i believe happiness is not a feeling...but state of mind!
tat makes everything seem so beautiful!


lovely post...and beautiful blog!

cheers!
Megha

BK said...

nice post.. and overall a very nice blog. i loved this template... am kind of a kleptomaniac when it comes to good templates... :)

dani sulu said...

It is really seemingly small things which are part of day today ordinary life which brings maximum joy to our life. And to think we keep chasing as if that happiness is buried somwhere, at the end of rainbow.
Good blog, Esther. I liked it a lot.

Esther said...

Indianhomemaker hey, how are you? Yeah shopping is sure an expensive pleasure! :P The picture of the guitar is mine, the photography and the shopping one is from google. I have clicked the picture of my friend, ashish and bro! =P Collage made in picasa! =P

Ashish Thank you so much! =)

Megha, Hey dear, I hope you're doing fine. That is so true, we for the most part avoid these things and focus on things that can never make us happy. But these lil things, if recognized, can do wonders.

Keep smiling! =)

BK Hey there, this your first visit here, and I'm glad. Welcome to wearing and invisible crown. And yes this is the 3rd template I chose for this blog. I had kept changing the templates often, but I guess I'm gonna stick with this at least for a year! =P Will see =)

Keep visiting!

Dani, Hey! That's true these are ordinary things of our lives but still they bring happiness! =P

Thanks for the visit. And hope to see you here soon! =)

Keep reading!

Vijayshryaln said...

Actually i can't say am back 2 blogworld.. cuz i lost ma precious blogtime as ma life s on its schedule... hopefully i must get a lottttaa time 2 spend here 2 relax ma mind.... GO WHERE THE LIFE MAKES U HAPPY- sum beau author told...n am here cuz, its so swweet 2 get frnds like u na..:)

Esther said...

Vj, hey I completely understand how sometimes we get stuck with some of the schedules in life. I hope too, that you get maximum time to spend here. =P

Keep smiling always.

Anonymous said...

Taking some time off for yourself on your blog does make you feel at home. I, too, enjoy photography! There are a million reasons right there which makes me smile. The expression of a child, or a bird who tries its best to sing out loud, or even a little dolphin that tries to jump and splash some water on my face [erm, this happened once]

Nice post there :)

Esther said...

Ana, That's the most adorable list you have that makes you happy. Glad to know about it :P
I love dolphins to the extreme!
But owning a dog or a cat would make me the happiest soul on earth. I'm getting a lab soon =P

Thanks for the comment! =)

Anubha said...

Hey Esther,

You have a lovely blog yourself! Although I didn't have the time to go through each of your posts, but outta the one's that I read, I guess this one was particularly nice :)

“Do what makes you happy
Be with who makes you smile
Laugh as much as you breathe
Love as long as you live”- absolutely correct!

Keep them coming girl!
See ya around :)

Take care...

pratima said...

Beautiful quote, Esther. Thank you for such a lovely post and making me think of happy things that I so often ignore :)